Saturday, August 04, 2007

Levi and Needles

I just love eSkarre. Her abilities are not really all that broken, nor close to being as abusable as her orginal with the skarre bomb and focus factory.

I really love the model, and it makes me glad that it actually is a playable epic. I have used her twice, one win and one loss during the summer league. I love her so much that I bought her her own leviathan. It also gives me an excuse to use my satyxis.



A lot of people will note that this is oen of the most difficult models to put together. I never had a real problem with it. I just drilled through the pelvis to insert brass rod through it. It worked well enough.



The real problem with it was the aesthetic sense of the legs. The spider legs do look great if they were spread wide apart. Problem is the base cannot accomodate the damn thing.



I'm not a big fan of making bases for my models as it often makes them taller and easier to gain LOS to during gameplay, but the fact that I would be taking the leviathan means I wasn;t playing competitively so it was fine. Surprisingly it worked well enough.



On advice of the great Paul 'pork', I had now started to figure out which needle size works best. The bane knight bendy halberd is smaller than the brass rod. the picture shows the various options I had to consider. The first would be the brass rod which was much larger than the bendy halberds. The long one is the metal needle of an IV cannula gauge 16 needle. The hypodermic needles are color coded: grey for g16 and green for g18. My problem relates to how the IV cannula needle approximates the bendy halberd almost perfectly. It would have been great if I had another way to attach it to the blades without having to drill an equally sized hole for it. The blades are as thin as the shaft.



But I think I should have enough whether I choose the hypodermic needle or the IV cannula.

2 comments:

Pinoy Wargamer said...

I assume these needles can be bought from Mercury? Like the ones you mentioned on the RHGC forum?

The Mercury staff won't hassle me for buying a lot of these, right? I mean, no papers or what not required? Just checking, they might slap some druggie thing on me LOL!

Dr. Leng said...

They are fine over-the-counter. They're going to be cheaper from bambang.