Monday, July 16, 2007

Summer Rampage


Joining the summer rampage league makes me think me an idiot. What was I thinking going into a league where most players will actually avoid having a game with me?

Currently in the lead from having two large point games.

Both games were against Dan who happens to be the only one willing to game with me. We're actually bored of each others' armies.

First game was the everblight scenario of river runners. We played a 750 game of vayl vs coven. No boasts were made and no time limit set. I won the game by eliminating all his warmongers that made it across. Fortunately enough Most of his warbeast ended up being distracted by the slayer (who unfortunately died) and the deathjack. I think the abject lesson here was to always bring along the deathjack to serve as a distraction so that all the other jacks get their chance to bond. I wasn't expecting him to bring so much infantry. I thought it was possible for me to get my bounty but seeing a full squad of striders, warmongers and acolytes made it impossible. He even had swamp gobbers.
I can't even be sure of the list I used, nor the list dan used. It was a mess of a game. All I recall was:
--------
Coven
Deathjack
Slayer (dead)
Deathripper x6 (4 survived)
Nightwretch x2 (one ended up being bonded - righteous indignation)
Skarlock
Pistol Wraith x2
--------
Vayl
Seraph x3 (1 survived)
Carnivean (survived)
Harrier (bonded - sic 'em)
Forsaken x2
Warmongers (5)
Striders
Spawning Vessel (6)
Swamp Gobbers Bellow crew

Second game was cryxian scenario of hills. Game was set at 1000 points vayl + lylyth vs coven + skarre. No boasts but we set time at 2 hours. First 2 rounds took over an hour.
I made an impromptu list again, dan pretty much took out everything he had in his bag.
--------
Coven Battle Group
Deathrippers x4 (old guys, all survived, one with righteous indignation)
Nightwretch (righteous indignation)
Skarre Battle Group
Helldiver (survived, one with bloodthirsty)
Nightwretch (survived)
Deathjack
Skarlock
Pistol Wraith x2
Tartarus
Bane Knights (7)
Bane Knights (8)
Mcthralls (8)
--------
Lylyth
Vayl
Carnivean (died)
Seraph x3 (2 survived, old one died, one got long leash-vayl)
Shredders x3 (one got long leash-vayl)
Teraph (died)
Harrier (sic 'em -vayl)
Spawning Vessel (6)
Forsaken x2
Warmongers (5)
Striders
Totem Hunter
Swamp Goblins Bellows Crew

Hordes has a big advantage when playing in a 1000 game as both of the warlocks get to roll for bonds for warbeasts, meaning they get twice the chance to get bonded. It isn't really something I would advice anyone to do unless they're me. I think I would opt to play 1000 point games against anyone willing to do it as it gets me the most points with the least number of opponents. This is because I have a very distinct lack of players willing to go up against me.

No comments: